The governance of genomic and biobank research in resource limited settings: perspectives from Africa
The overall objective is to complete a mongraph entitled The governance of genomic and biobank research in resource limited settings: perspectives from Africa.
The proposed chapters for this monograph are:
• Chapter 1: From parachute research to equitable partnerships? The development of genomic & biobank research in Africa
• Chapter 2: The regulation of genomic biobank research in Africa: current approaches
• Chapter 3: A shifting regulatory tilt?
• Chapter 4: Solidarity and reciprocity
• Chapter 5: Trust, responsibility and accountability
• Chapter 6: Community and stakeholder engagement
The earlier chapters are either in draft form or will draw on previously published work that must be updated. The objective of the proposed stay is to focus on two chapters: Solidarity and reciprocity (Chapter 4) and Trust, responsibility and accountability (Chapter 5)