Measuring the quality of life for children with disabilities in South Africa
Aim of the study
The aim of this research is to conceptualise and construct a Quality of Life (QoL) index for children with disabilities (CWDs) in South Africa in order to monitor their progress.
1. To conduct a critical analysis of measures of QoL and their appropriateness in a developing country context.
2. To conceptualise a comprehensive measure of QoL for CWDs.
3. To construct a QoL index for CWDs consisting of selected key domains.
4. To test the QoL index for CWDs by means of a comparative analysis of children with and without disabilities using the 2016 General Household Survey.
5. To make recommendations for further research on the QoL for CWDs and to consider its implications for future social policies.